Bible Verses on Fabric Tags Videos & Freebie!
A new creative practice known as slow stitching is trending. I love it and combined it with Bible journaling. Download the free printable at the bottom of this post. I show you how to make this freebie in the first video and sew it on fabric in the second video.
I began a 52 Week Slow Stitch Bible Journal Challenge for anyone interested in placing and sharing Scripture on fabric. You can do this by hand or machine (no Slow Stitch Police). #52SlowStitchBibleTags
We are creating fabric tags and sharing them in the Facebook Group. The following videos will walk you through the process.
Printing Verses on Fabric (Video 1)
Preparing Fabric for Stitching (Video 2)
Here are affiliate links to the optional suggestions from the videos. Watch the videos to see what you may want to use.
- Fabric Sheets (ready to print)
- Freezer Paper (for DYI fabric printing, probably cheaper in the grocery store)
- Fusible Batting
- Karen Buckley Scissors (I love these)
- FriXion Clicker Heat Erasable Pens
- Rectangle Die (only for Accuquilt users)
- Embroidery Floss (I like DMC or Lori Holt the best)
- Lori Holy Embroidery Needles (My favorite for 2-4 strands, easy to thread)
- Milliners Needles (small eye, use for one strand, need a needle threader to use)
- Panasonic Cordless Iron (you asked)
- YouTube Embroidery Stitch Tutorials
Creating a Binding
This video from Tamara's Joy Sewing Channel explains one way you can finish your tag.
Click on the image to download the Freebie.